IBKR's educational resources help you bring real-world experience to your classroom.Open an Educator's Account
The IBKR Advantage:
- The IBKR Student Trading Lab is a free online resource for educators looking to blend finance or computer science classwork with real-world trading experiences.
- Program registration is easy for you and once your account is setup you can send invitations to your students to open their own paper trading accounts.
- Use Client Portal to manage your account, manage and monitor student accounts, perform account cash equity resets, and more. In addition, your students can use Client Portal to reset the equity in their account.
- PortfolioAnalyst helps you and your students understand risk, measure performance against benchmarks, and monitor and analyze portfolios. In addition, you have access to advanced reporting and powerful on-the-go analytics, all with GIPS®-verified returns.
- Each student receives a paper trading account with a full complement of trading tools and starts with USD 1,000,000 in paper trading equity. Account equity fluctuates as if trades were executed in the real market.
College professors and high school teachers from around the world use the IBKR Student Trading Lab to supplement classwork with real-world trading experiences.
- The IBKR Student Trading Lab is free to use and each student receives a paper trading account with a full complement of trading tools.
- Students can trade stocks, options, futures, and bonds on U.S. and overseas markets as well as currencies.
- Students start with USD 1,000,000 in paper trading equity and account equity fluctuates as if trades were executed in the real market.
- Use our trading platform to enhance classroom content or use our sample assignments and resources to develop student trading skills.
- More than 600 educational institutions in over 60 countries, including some of the top financial engineering schools, already participate in the program, making it one of the most popular programs of its kind.
Contact the Student Trading Lab
If you have questions about educational resources, applying for a Student Trading Lab account or setup for student trading accounts, please submit this form.